Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Around Mid-Town

New York, New York

One of the benefits of teaching a weekend workshop at The Penumbra Foundation, as I did twice this past month, is that outside of the time spent teaching platinum printing, I get quite a few hours to wander around mid-town Manhattan with a camera. The same place, and the same activity, where I learned photography as a teenager in the mid-60s. Back then I was shooting Tri-X in a Pentax H3v with 55mm Takumar lens. This past weekend it was a Lumix G7 and 17mm Olympus (more or less equivalent to 35mm.)

A lot has changed, but a lot seems to stay the same, including the things I look for, to make into pictures.






1 comment:

Martina said...

It would be interesting to see some of your teenage years' photos in comparison, would't it? ;-)