Sunday, September 13, 2020

Behind the Fences

 Torrington, Connecticut

Mostly I've seen these little figures (in a much less faded green/yellow eye-catching color) on lawns in suburban neighborhoods with the legend "SLOW" urging passing drivers to watch out for kids and pets.



Just part of an extensive in-town garden only a few blocks from Main Street. In WWII people had "Victory Gardens" even in dense urban areas. This made me wonder if this is a "Covid Garden" since I've walked down this street many times in years past and never noticed a remarkably large urban garden before.

2 comments:

Markus said...

Fine colour combinations - the green of the plants contrasts well with the corroded fence, also in #2 the pattern of the wire against the shapes of the cabbage leaves.

Carl Weese said...

Thanks Markus. I'm not sure I would have posted either of these alone, but somehow they work well together.