Friday, September 15, 2006

Wires and doors, Piedmont, West Virginia
Color

Today I was going to post a single picture with no text except a title. But a funny thing happened on the way to the internet. The picture was one that is "about color." About Red, actually. Several kinds of red varying from pale to intense. Trouble was, when the file was degraded to sRGB color space for web posting, the color it was about had disappeared on me.

So I rummaged around in Bridge, looking for another picture that I think is about color, but about color that will survive the translation to a limited web-friendly gamut.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't see the original so I can't compare them in regards to tone. But you have to wonder about why sombody painted the two doors that pale sort of blue. Trying to make that drab wall look a bit more attractive? Is that an artistic statement or is that the last bit of a can of paint. E

ARConn said...

"Is that an artistic statement or is that the last bit of a can of paint."

ernest, since when are the two mutually exlusive?