Thursday, September 23, 2021

"So, are you gonna take my picture?"

Waterbury, Connecticut

I'd been looking for pictures 9/17/21 at the west side of central Waterbury since a little before sunrise. I'd found a few things, showing up in current blog posts, but the light was getting really flat and I was heading back to the half deserted shopping center where I'd left my car. At about 7:20 this woman was walking up the sidewalk in the opposite direction with a companion. That's what she said, the title to this blog post, though I had stop and ask her to repeat it because I hadn't heard her clearly. When I got it, I said sure and raised the camera. I didn't want to miss the moment, but once I was sure I'd gotten something, I told her that we should find a better background than the dumpster. This caused her to turn around, and break out in a big laugh. A little rearrangement, a few more frames and we got this.


When I lowered the camera she immediately trotted off to catch up to that companion, who clearly didn't want anything to do with this picture stuff.

Not for the first time on this blog, I'll reference this to Bill Pierce's sort of mind experiment of a virtual collection of pictures his photographer friends have made because someone they encountered said, "Hey Mister, take my picture!" This belongs in the set.





No comments: