Thursday, June 28, 2018

The Brand New Fence

Waterbury, Connecticut

This is the first in a series of six pictures I'm going to post, taken with the Leica Monochrom 246 that I had on loan recently. The point of the loan was for me to become familiar with the camera (I began using my first M Leica in 1967 but have never worked with the digital Leicas) and its files, ahead of a Leica-oriented variation of my "digital platinum" workshop planned for this coming October at the Penumbra Foundation. These are pictures that I think will come across better as direct digital prints on a top level paper like Canson Baryta Photographique, or Hahnemühle FineArt Baryta Satin.

Here I noticed that the ballfield is quite well maintained though the bleachers are showing their age. But their's a brand-new shiny fence protecting the "dugout" bench. Signs of renewal.

1 comment:

lyle said...

The new fence seems more vibrant than I would expect. Is this from web representation, new Leica sensor, or just my imagination?