Saturday, November 10, 2018

Red and Black

New York, New York

An old-fashioned printed-paper poster looks almost quaint now, with so much of mid-town street advertising moved to digital panels. My first thought about the poster was that it must have a Halloween connection since I shot it (with a borrowed Leica M10-P and 35mm Summilux Apo) on the Sunday morning of my Leica/Digital-Platinum workshop at Penumbra, first weekend this past October. A search just now shows me that it's actually advertising a TV show entering its eighth season. Oh well, I haven't watched television in years so I'm out of the loop on that.

For anyone who might be curious, any of the NYC pictures I've been posting these past weeks that are in 2:3 aspect ratio instead of my usual 4:3, were made with the digital Leica during an hour or so of twilight Saturday and a couple hours of early daylight Sunday morning of the workshop weekend.

No comments: