Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Shrines and Declarations

Buena Vista, Virginia

I've made pictures of church signs often enough that there's a label for that subject over in the sidebar, though it occurs to me that I've made few additions to the group recently. Something different is going on in these two pictures made early in February in towns near the western edge of Virginia. These are other businesses or organizations, not churches, showing displays of religious affiliation or intent. I'm going to be on the lookout for more of these, to see if it might become another, different but related, group of pictures.

Pearisburg, Virginia

2 comments:

lyle said...

interesting that the storefront is empty....

Carl Weese said...

I'm afraid I didn't take a proper note but I think the empty-looking store was being used as an office for some sort of community service organization. Not that unusual actually—in a small town like this storefront locations can be lower rent than more typical office space.