Sunday, July 01, 2012

Storm

Artic, Indiana

This is the storm front that chased me across Indiana and Ohio on Friday. For this shot, I'm looking due west down US Rt. 6, standing literally on the IN/OH state line. I ended up the day at Barkeyville, PA, where in the morning the local news stations reported heavy damage and even loss of life in areas just south of Pittsburgh. I got home a little before five yesterday afternoon.

Before I can do anything else I need to type up my notebooks full of picture ID information, while at the same time tagging all the digital captures with place identifiers to cross reference with the notes. There's also a folder with the pictures of each large format setup. These will be tagged with town and theater name labels. I won't begin to develop the large format film until I'm completely rested up, which is going to be a few days. Developing film isn't difficult, but it has to be done right—mistakes are irretrievable. There's no "undo" key on a stack of eight sheets of 8x10 film. I plan to do one set of film first thing every morning until I've worked through it all.

5 comments:

lyle said...

welcome back, not much has happened on the east coast since you have been gone....

Markus said...

Carl, good to read you are back safe and sound. And now enjoy your well deserved rest!

Ed said...

Incredible trip, Carl. Welcome home.p

Scott Kirkpatrick said...

welcome back, Carl. Seems like you made incredible time from your last DI (in Colorado?), to home. Will you describe your return cross-country for us? Everything OK at home?

scott

Profligatographer said...

Always good to be back home in your own bed, eh?. The life of a Road Warrior gets old quickly.

Hope you have good fortune with your 'chemical captures'.

T.