Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Awning/Mustang

Walden, New York

Something a little unusual happened when I was making these two pictures. The locations are around the block from each other and the exposures are only about three minutes apart. The odd thing was that in both cases, as I was looking at the scene and deciding whether to make a picture, a blog post title popped into my head. "Awning" and "Mustang" presented themselves as blog titles before I'd actually made the pictures. Seems a little weird.

Walden, New York

6 comments:

robert said...

That sounds perfectly normal. You have a pattern or habit of doing this activity for a long time and when you focus your attention, the brain works on automatic as when we are walking and talking without thinking about it. Sounds like you were in the zone!

Ernest Theisen said...

I like the "Awning" shot. It looks like there were two previous doorways that were bricked up. And maybe a small window.

DerekL said...

I agree with Robert... I don't find this weird at all. I was out doing a little urbex this morning (and am currently waiting for camera to warm up so I can take it out of it's bag) and was thinking of titles even as I was composing the shots. I frequently do this, and sometimes the potential title even serves to inform the composition.

Martina said...

Never happens to me ;-)

Carl Weese said...

I only meant weird, or unusual, for me. Having the post title before the picture is made seems to edge a little too close to the conceptual for me, letting an idea get in front of direct observation of the world. But then getting too concerned about *that* could itself interfere with that direct seeing...

ed g. said...

The "awning" picture really grabs me. Very nicely balanced.