Saturday, October 20, 2007

Clarification

The Working Pictures Blog has been getting quite a few visitors coming over from the OK1000 Pentax Blog over the past couple days. For anyone coming by specifically to see pictures made with Pentax equipment, there are loads of them here. Almost all the pictures in the daily posts from mid-December, 2006, up to this past Thursday were made with a Pentax K10D and a variety of Pentax lenses. But purely by coincidence, yesterday I began posting recent pictures made with an Olympus E1 camera, part of an experiment I'm doing. So, enjoy the pictures, whatever they were shot with. Back to our regularly scheduled programming, with a picture made about an hour and a half ago:

Torrington, Connecticut

2 comments:

Scott Kirkpatrick said...

Are you going to be trying out the E-3 with the lenses that you had for your E-1?

scott

Carl Weese said...

Are you going to be trying out the E-3 with the lenses that you had for your E-1?

Scott,

I heartily recommend that anyone who pays attention here send their cards, letters, and emails to the folks at Olympus and suggest that they send *moi* an E3 toute suite for testing with my digital Zuiko lenses. I have no "in" there, or anywhere for that matter. The experiment I'm running is looking at the pluses and minuses of the Pentax and Olympus equipment that I have, reminding myself of how fabulous the E1 sensor is. And those amazing lenses Within its limitation of 4.9 MP, it is stunning. But I'm also looking to decide just how much I hate zoom lenses, especially vs short compact slow primes that don't actually work very well. Lovely potential image quality doesn't mean much if neither the AF system or the operator can get focus. Stay tuned.