Monday, November 07, 2016

Advertising Trailer

Summersville, West Virginia, 10/18/16

This year I've noticed something strange about many of the political advertising posters, lawn signs, and even direct mail pieces. Many of them, like this political field office spotted in the parking lot of a big strip mall on a mid-October evening, advertise candidates for various offices without mentioning the top of the ticket candidates, or even party affiliation. I don't recall from previous elections seeing advertising that didn't tell you whether the candidate was a Republican or a Democrat. This year I've been seeing it everywhere I've been, from southern New England to Virginia.

Speaking of advertising, here's another view from that same parking lot that evening.



detail


I don't recall ever seeing a billboard advertising "$70 PHYSICALS" before either.



No comments: