Friday, April 20, 2018

Color in the Woods

Litchfield, Connecticut

Mostly I find that pictures in the New England woods work better in monochrome than they do in color. Even aside from my current experiments with making digital captures in these environments that are intended to end up, if successful, as platinum/palladium prints. But one of my favorite shooting conditions is "the edge of the rain" and this is the first picture I made walking into one of my frequently visited local park sites yesterday. I'd been intending to make pictures for mono, but immediately saw this as a color picture. I think it's the green moss. A whole picture of faded autumn leaves (it's supposed to be Spring here, with no evidence) never works in color but that green moss just snaps it all together. You can see we've had a lot of rain here recently.

No comments: