Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Road Work

Waterbury, Connecticut, 11/9/20

Couldn't figure out quite what this group was. I'm aware of Police Explorers around here (sort of an ROTC for police rather than military) but most of these guys (just two women included in the group) looked too old for that. Some of them much too old for that. They were chanting things like "mile three, good for me, mile four, let's do more." They were all wearing harnessed hydration gear (those aren't backpacks). They also mostly looked as though they were much more familiar with the weight room than with road work. I got out my captures backup drive to find the five shots I made as they jogged past me. In one of the frames the flapping pennant carried by the lead guy read, "Waterbury Police Academy." Well, OK then. A police academy might well be recruiting young through middle age people in November of the plague year. Their previous ranks must be reduced by exposures and sequestering not to mention the worse possibility of casualties, to the pandemic.

No comments: