Thursday, February 10, 2011

DO NOT BLOCK CONTAINER

New Haven, Connecticut

My favorite parts of The New Yorker magazine, which I've read since I was about eight years old, which was, umm, more than fifty years ago, has always been the little filler things, even more than the cartoons, because they are funnier. "Block that metaphor!;" quoting someone's extraordinarily inept use of same. Or, "Things We Like to See." But the set that I've always liked the most was "Quote Without Comment." These are utterly absurd, or idiotic, statements found in other publications. To a certain extent, the whole point of this blog is similar, except I'm not dealing with silly things someone has written somewhere. I'm showing that sort of thing as it actually exists in the world. For real. I don't write much here, because the pictures are usually meant to be something very close to 'quote without comment.'

2 comments:

lyle said...

...or, no trash please?

Don and Sher said...

I love the cartoons!