Friday, September 28, 2012

Strong Wind, Weird Light (two)

vicinity of Lowden, Washington

After photographing the theater and finding a place to stay at Walla Walla, I looked at the files on my MacBook and found that it wasn't readily apparent how to adjust them to get the look and feel of the weird light, so I went on to work on other things. Weeks later, back home, I decided to look at this set of pictures again. This time, working on a much larger screen, one of the captures leaped out of the browser window at me. It wasn't a particularly good picture, but it seemed perfectly to capture the light. So I opened the RAW file into Adobe Camera RAW and saw that the camera had set a really unusual white balance, with high numbers for Temp and even more unusually high for Tint. So I dropped back to Bridge and applied those white balance numbers to all the rest of take. So now the whole set looked much more like the original scene and I could go ahead to edit and further tweak color and tone on the shots I liked the most.

vicinity of Lowden, Washington

No comments: