Saturday, August 09, 2014

Loading Shot...Sorta

Torrington, Connecticut

Back in the days of 35mm film, we often got "loading shots" that were kind of interesting. Extra frames at the beginning of the roll that you'd crank off when reloading in a hurry to make sure the first frame you shot would be on unexposed film. This afternoon I lowered the camera to check the histogram on a shot with extremely bright clouds, to make sure I'd compensated enough to keep the clouds from blowing out. The view on the LCD, when I turned off the review, looked just like one of those 35mm loading shots. So I shot it.

2 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

When I was shooting film I often cranked off the first frame to be sure to get to unexposed film as you discussed, but seldom got any interesting images like your photo here.

The car in my b&w on Friday is a 1956 MGA 1500 roadster in fine running condition. We often take it on country cruises.

Carl Weese said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I thought it was something British.