Thursday, March 24, 2011

Billboards on the Move

New York, New York

I had no idea what Chicco was, so I had to Google it. "Chicco USA—Strollers, car seats, travel systems and children's toys." OK, no wonder I didn't know.

The young lady with the sake glass presented a bit more of a problem, since I can't read the advertising. But I found that another shot of the scene reveals the trade name on the side of the trailer to be "Lotte." So, from Wiki we learn, "Lotte Co., Ltd. is one of the largest food and shopping groups in Japan and South Korea, and a South Korean Jaebeol (conglomerate)."

Over at The WPII Blog, the St. Patrick's Day coverage has moved from Hartford to New Haven, CT.

New York, New York

2 comments:

lyle said...

I have always KNOWN that good looking women and cute little kids are in ads to make us look at them and hopefully the ad. BUT as a scan thru this work, it now seems to me that the juxtaposition and collection of faces are acting more like a Greek chorus (to very loosely use the term) hovering over us, waiting for us to make a decision...have ads gone from cute to scary?

Carl Weese said...

Lyle, I think advertising has always been both cute and scary: pull and push. The pull attempts to make us want something because it is directly attractive (or made to seem so). The push makes us feel we need to have something to keep up, to not be left out.