Friday, May 08, 2009

Assurance ComforTred

Torrington, Connecticut

This is a huge tire store doing a lot of business with truckers and heavy equipment users. The faded big group portrait in the window, which at first I figured would date way back to the 40s or so, turned out to be a color print, while the truck looks like a much later model, 60s or even 70s. Come to think of it, a print from the 40s would have been b&w and probably not anywhere near so faded, despite the long exposure to sunlight through heavily tinted glass.

Meanwhile, Spring Has Sprung at The WPII blog. For the next two weeks there will be daily postings of pictures from early spring in western Connecticut, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures here were really of good sense for the store. I remember about three years ago I decided to build my own home instead of hiring the expensive contractors. It was actually quite easy, even with my limited knowledge of construction. I am just thankful that I had the bucket truck handy because my pick up couldn’t cut it.

Used Digger Derrick said...

Beautiful Pictures. Thanks for sharing. If your like photos you should check out my site sometime.