Today I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to make web JPEGs from copy shots of recent prints. Platinum prints are incredibly difficult to approximate (reproduce is out of the question) either online or on press. Scanners go nuts and make the paper texture vastly more obvious than it is in actual viewing. Copying with a digital camera (or process camera for press) does a lot better, but still presents problems. Even with a perfect custom white balance for the digital captures, the print color looks much too warm, which it turns out can be fixed by a fairly severe saturation reduction processing the Raw file. (I've found a saturation reduction is also needed for copies of oil paintings, though only about half as much).
These now come pretty close to what the actual prints look like (would look like when matted to the image area), at least on my calibrated display. Who knows what they'll turn into on the plethora of devices in use today. If you're at all interested, click on one of the pictures to get the larger and more accurate (not that it's accurate at all, just more) view.
The series is from the past couple of weeks, looking at special parts of Steep Rock Preserve, experimenting to see how far I can take the hybrid digital/platinum process.